Sunday 27 November 2011

The beginning. Well kinda...

Where to begin? I may as well start near the beginning :o)

I found Wicca sometime in 2001 when I was 26. I can't remember exactly how or why but I did. I'm sure I'll have it written somewhere among my old journals. In fact I know I kept a spiritual journal, my very first book of shadows so I'll have to have a look as I would have hidden it somewhere. I've kept everything from that time of my life in a box. I dip my head in now and again because I just love looking at them. They're not anything special, not really but they are to me. My elemental candles, crystals, incense, runes, my little silver bell and candle snuffer. There's also a box within the box which contains my alter items. The smell when I lift the lid; oh my. Its the best smell in the world.





I studied for just under a year and performed some rituals but I really struggled to find time when I wouldn't be disturbed. I have three children and a partner and alone time didn't exist so after much frustration I packed everything away. Well it didn't actually end like that. It was much more gradual. Over the next 10 years my interest would return but never enough that I wanted to practice again. I would stick my head in the box much more often :) This year... or rather the beginning of this year, saw another return. I started to re-read my wiccan books, and think about the Goddess a lot more than usual but it was only about a month ago when I saw a book by Scott Cunningham in the bag of a friend that it bit me on the bottom and insisted that I finally think seriously about it again.

So I am and this blog is going to be a record of that. I'm really excited and happy. It really is about time that I came home. 

Blessed be )O(

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Religion fascinates me and I would be honored to ride along for the journey that will reconnect you to your roots.

    We have a Pagan group forming in our community, and I've been asked to participate because I have a little knowledge of the religion.

    I would like to learn more and help others on their quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have you along for the ride :)

    ReplyDelete